Tuesday 18 June 2013

Frustration!

Just found this on 9gag.com
It is photos and ideas like this that give female feminists a bad name. Maybe there are some women out there who feel this way, but this is not the majority! Feminist women want equal rights and opportunities. We do not want more. Feminists marry men, love their sons, admire their fathers, put up with their brothers (again, if you know my brothers...) and enjoy their guy friends. I'm a feminist and I'm completely in love with my boyfriend. One of the best things about him is how much he respects me and how angry he would be if I was denied my dream because I'm a woman (also he can make cheesecake). My mom stuck me in figure skating for a year before I went to my parents and said "Okay I did this your way, I wanna play hockey!" and my dad presented me with my very own pair of hockey skates and a Jill (female version of a jockstrap = incredibly necessary). 

My favorite teacher and supporter in high school was a man. Someday I may have a son, and I would never favor my daughter over him. I will do my very best to treat them equally and raise them to respect their own sex and the opposite sex. Parents are worried about their children being bullied and their daughters being sexually assaulted. What would the world be like right now if parents were more concerned about their children not being bullies and rapists and aggressors? Feminists would love to be made irrelevant. 

Final bone to pick with this silly little image: Men can be feminists too! This photo sort implies that only women are feminists.
THERE IS NOTHING MORE AWESOME THAN A FEMINIST MAN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment